Murder Accused Ilyas Minz Gang Rapes A Girl In Jharkhand.

On 10 October, a girl from the fifth grade was allegedly kidnapped and gang-raped by five persons in turn. Among the five accused, three of them were minors. The police, on Wednesday, said that the victim’s family was also thrashed and threatened when they tried to approach the panchayat.

The incident took place in a village in Gumla district which is in Jharkhand. The place is around 150 km from capital Ranchi. On 12 October, the police were able to arrest all five of the accused. Subsequently, the police sent two of them to jail while two of the minors were sent to a remand home.

“One person, who was injured in a clash between victim and families of the accused, was sent to the hospital for treatment,” said officer-in-charge of Chainpur police station Sudama Ram.

The main mastermind behind this crime is Iliyas Minz. According to reports, Iliyas Minz is also a primary suspect in a murder case.  The police said the accused is currently out of jail on bail.

According to Ram, the doctors have conducted a medical test on the 14-year-old survivor. But he added that they were still awaiting the results of the test.

“The girl’s statement under Section 164 of the CrPC will be recorded today. She would also be presented before the child welfare committee today,” he said.

According to Ram, the family has alleged that the five village youths kidnapped the girl on the evening of 10 October. They subsequently raped her in turn.

“The accused threatened the girl with dire consequences if she opened her mouth before anyone. The girl returned home on 12 October. When her mother repeatedly asked her where she had been the whole night, she narrated her woes,” Ram said.

After the incident, the victim’s family approached the panchayat following which a meeting was called to make a substantial decision.

“When the accused came to know about the proposed meeting, they barged into our house and thrashed us. My wife and 24-year-old elder son were injured badly. The accused were planning to set our house on fire,” the 50-year-old father of the survivor said.

On 12 October, two brothers and an uncle of the survivor went out to hunt the accused. According to the police, they thrashed two of the rapists severely with sharp weapons. “The three persons have also been sent to jail on charges of violating laws,” Ram said.

Ram said the police station was not informed about the incident till the evening of 12 October. According to him, the crime was reported after the tension between the accused and the victim’s families intensified. “All the accused were arrested on 12 October night, and they were sent to jail and remand home on 13 October,” he said.

The girl’s father revealed that they were living in fear. “The incident has shocked my daughter. We are contemplating to send her to any NGO for counselling. We are in fear that villagers might humiliate us over the incident,” he said.